I love light salad dressings in the summer they are very refreshing and healthy! This little gem of a recipe was passed down to me from my mother and it is the only salad dressing that I never get sick of the taste. You can put it in a blender bottle (shaker bottle) to mix everything up or a mason jar. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil (you can’t substitute olive oil, it is too thick for the dressing)
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh Oregano OR 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp minced fresh Basil OR 1/4 tsp dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh Parsley OR 1/4 tsp dried Parsley
Shake it all up and store it in the fridge. It tastes the best when you are able to leave it overnight in the fridge prior to serving it to allow all the herbs to release their flavor as well as the garlic. This salad dressing also works really well as a “dip” for raw veggies. See below for nutritional information & health benefits.