I don’t know about you but I am definitely way more of a snacker than I am a meal eater. I suffer from chronic nausea and no appetite so I really have to listen to my body on a day to day basis in order to feel my best. During the work week I usually never have enough time to sit down and eat an actual meal so here are some of my favorite healthy snacks. Most of them are also nutrient dense but there is the occasional “healthy junk food” thrown into the mix.
Favorite Healthy Snacks:
- Corn tortilla chips + homemade guacamole
- Bell pepper, cheese, mustard & lunch meat roll up (any vinaigrette dressing works great for this too if you aren’t a mustard person)
- Yogurt w/ ground flaxseed (tastes great with key lime yogurt, makes it taste like the graham cracker crust from a key lime pie)
- Avocado toast (seasoned w/ salt & pepper)
- Babybel cheese + pretzels & peanut butter or mustard (fewer calories)
- Apple or Celery w/ peanut butter
- 97% Fat Free Popcorn w/ lime juice & salt or a salt & vinegar seasoning salt
- Cracker topped with brie cheese, apple or pear, & prosciutto *My favorite savory snack!*
- Bagel, cream cheese, + smoked salmon (aka lox)
- Miso Soup
- Sardines & crackers or Canned Smoked Oysters (good for an occasional salty snack but watch out for the sodium levels!)
- Protein shake- blend banana, peanut butter, chocolate almond milk, & protein powder in a blender, add ice if you want more of a “milkshake” texture.
- Grapes, cheddar cheese cubes, & chicken or pork chop (leftovers from the night before eaten cold are the best and most flavorful!)
- Cantaloupe & cottage cheese
- Hummus & veggies (click here for a hummus recipe)
- 5 ingredient peanut butter protein balls (2/3 c peanut butter, ½ c chocolate chips, 1 c oats, ½ c flax seed, & 2 tbsp honey- mix all ingredients together, form 1 inch balls, and chill in the fridge * I posted the recipe as is but I prefer to use less than ½ c chocolate chips)
- Fiesta Chicken Bowl (as seen on my Instagram- avocado, seasoned chicken, brown rice, black beans, avocado, & fresh lime)
- Trader Joe’s frozen chocolate dipped banana slices
- Turkey, laughing cow cheese (swiss), bell peppers, & celery- make a roll up!
- Green smoothie (frozen fruit, frozen spinach, & 1 cup of OJ)
- Triscuits w/ cheese
- California Roll (yeah, I know it is considered a meal BUT the nutrition fits into the snack category b/c it is less than 300 calories for a 6-8 piece roll)
- Beef Jerky (great for after the gym when you need some protein)
- Hard Boiled Egg (sometimes deviled eggs when I’m have a craving)
Comment below to tell me your favorite healthy snacks, I am always looking for new ideas!