I am a very weird person when it comes to vegetables…I crave them. I can’t tell you how many times my boyfriend has given me crap for cooking vegetables at random hours. Anyway, my craving for veggies led to this post today! I picked up some fresh brussel sprouts from the grocery store today and went to town.
Now, I know there aren’t that many people that actually like brussel sprouts but if you are willing to try new things I feel that my recipe will convert you to become a lover of brussel sprouts.
- Brussel sprouts (about 8-10 sprouts)
- Garlic (I used two large cloves but I LOVE garlic so feel free to use one if you don’t want the garlic to be too intense)
- Olive Oil
- Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- Lemon Juice (fresh or bottled)
- Wash and cut brussel sprouts into halves
- Mince Garlic
- Add 1/2-1 tablespoon garlic and toss sprouts and garlic
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Table Blend, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cook stovetop on a pan or with a george foreman grill until sprouts have a nice green color and you can stick a fork through them easily (about 2-4 mins).
- Add lemon juice to taste and the juice to steam the sprouts for about 1-2 mins and them remove from heat.
This is a very easy and quick recipe for when you need to get your veggie fix and pairs great with any protein. Brussel sprouts
- Calories: 157
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 3 g
Now, I can imagine what you are thinking…14 g fat?!?! But I am eating a vegetable! So all of the fat that is in this recipe comes from the olive oil which is considered a healthy fat. If you are still feeling iffy about 14g of fat then decrease the olive oil from 1 tbsp to 1 tsp.
Nutrition Information (1 tsp olive oil):
- Calories: 78
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Now go eat some veggies and tell me how you like the recipe 😉